the haze of a pity hangover – new prizes
That was fun. Sad fun. But fun.
Headaches, regret, hurt feelings by more than a few because they didn’t win anything. Today had it all, didn’t it.
But as we are picking up the pieces of our lives and feeling quite pleased that some BlogHer Food participants had to take redeye flights home and had difficulty packing all their swag from their galas, we found four more gifts to giveaway. Plus, if you live in the US, we have a gift for almost all of you (Sorry, rest of the world. Add to your wallowing).
Please note, you must be a registered member of the Pity Party to be eligible, and registration is closed. Sorry.
- I love Scharffen Berger chocolate. Love them. Karen and I took a tour of their chocolate-making magicland when we visited the San Francisco area. We were so impressed with the care they take in making their chocolates that we have been loyal fans ever since. Well, those wonderful Scharffen Berger folks have swooped in like a chocolate fairy to take pity on us and bring us chocolate. (These are open to everyone in the US…sorry, rest of the world. Thems the shakes.) Go follow them on Twitter.
- The chocolate fairies of Scharffen Berger are giving us two baking set gift baskets complete with The Essence of Chocolate, baking bars, cacao nibs, cocoa powder and Scharffen Berger branded cupcake liners! Is there anything better than chocolate to soothe your wounded soul? No. Thank you!
- For every Pity Party-er who lives in the US and gets back to me by Monday end of day, you’re getting a coupon for $1.00 off a 3 oz Scharffen Berger chocolate bar! We buy these all the time, and I’d love to save a buck off one of their products. Email me at cmthornton at gmail.com with your name and address by end of day Monday, and you’ll get your coupon. Too late. Sorry.
- Be sure to enter Scharffen Berger’s Chocolate Adventure Contest. You could win $20,000. That, uh, is not pitiful. Not pitiful at all.
- Scharffen Berger Chocolate, we love you. Hugs.
- I have been obsessed with the term “soft frosted desserts” the last couple of days. I learned it from the ticings® website. I now think about frosting constantly, and ticings could make any dessert I made look brilliant (I am not a talented artist with baked goods. I’m a frosting slapper. Make of that what you will). But ticings has me covered. Follow ticings on Twitter!
- The winner of the ticings giveaway gets the following:
- Decorating Halloween cupcakes is a snap with this delightful assortment of 24 edible frosting appliques from ticings. Peel & press these four original Halloween designs (boo, spider web, bite me and owl) directly onto freshly baked & frosted or store-bought cupcakes for an instant office party or halloween night get together. retail value $22.95
- Plus you’ll get a sample of their artisan sprinkles. Which I want.
- And the delightful, giving, not at all bitter (apparently at the wrong party) BunkyCooks has donated a leftover swag bag from a previous conference, and she didn’t even pick it over and take all the good stuff. Which I would have done. But you can walk around with this swag bag and tell people that you had to “carry it on the airplane because it is so huge and I totally couldn’t get it in my luggage OMG I AM SO AWESOME.” Thanks, BunkyCooks!