a contest from California Walnuts, Iron Chef-style
And you’re going to love them, too.
The fine folks at California Walnuts are running a recipe contest. Just for us. Just for the people of this horribly sad gathering of Pity Partiers.
When was the last time someone offered you a special contest for doing nothing except feeling bad about yourself? Exactly.
See, you totally love California Walnuts now, don’t you?
what’s the deal?
Do you have a great recipe featuring walnuts? Well, here’s your chance to share it and win!
Just post the recipe in the comments below (link to an existing post is preferable though not required) for your chance to win. Sweet, savory, hot, or cold. We’ll take it all.
This is a completely subjective contest. It’s a beauty pageant of recipes, which is hard for Pity Partiers, I know. But your food is totally pretty. Beautiful, even.
So share your recipe and see if it captures the imagination of our very own robynski, Sarah Matthews who represents California Walnuts, and a yet to be named judge. We’ll update this post when we have that person named.
what do you win?
The winner of this “Iron Chef-ish” contest wins a box of the fresh crop of California Walnuts, AND your recipe will be added to the walnuts.org site in the recipe section AND it will be featured on the California Walnuts Facebook page AND you will win the incredible Mollie Katzen’s book, The Vegetable Dishes I Can’t Live Without, which is a wonderful, wonderful book. Mollie K and California Walnuts have teamed together, and it’s a pretty great match. Also, Mollie tweeted our hashtag, #BHF10PP, which makes her awesome.
See, you love California Walnuts even more, don’t you?
Special thanks to robynski for arranging the fun. We love her, too.
- All entries must be submitted by 8 October by noon Eastern/9:00 a.m. Pacific.
- The winner will be announced on 9 October.
- All entries must use California Walnuts in the recipe.
- Another hint: including any nut other than California Walnuts is going to make it tough for you to win. Not that we don’t love other nuts. But we really love California Walnuts.
- If your recipe is someone else’s, inspired by someone else, adapted, etc., please state it in your submission. That won’t count against you at all, but we need to give proper attribution.
- Photos are nice to include. Very helpful, actually.
- You should go follow California Walnuts on Twitter. Not required, but that’s very nice of you to do it.
- If you have any problems with posting or have questions, email me at cmthornton at gmail(dot)com.
Thank you, California Walnuts for joining this Pity Party. You have no idea how nice that is of you.
(Picturing myself hugging a walnut. Gladly.)
Disclaimer: We (the couple at thepeche.com) are accepting nothing from California Walnuts for this great contest. We just like them. The winner gets everything.